Wednesday, December 5, 2007

1. You're in trouble when you start believing your own b.s.

I thought this might be a nice way to start a list of 40 things I know for sure. I worked alongside an inspiring CEO, Don Kasica, when I lived in Denver. He would say to the other executives at his consulting firm that once you start believing your own hype, you stop listening to others and you stop learning.

I was so impressed that the head of a consulting firm had this perspective.

What I love about this idea is that no matter how sure I feel about something, I want to remain open to learning new things. To learn and grow as a person, I want to walk in this world with an open heart and spirit, I want to listen to others and consider new ideas and perspectives. Once you believe you know it all, you get stuck.

No comments: